top of page
Parviz Malakouti-Fitzgerald, Esq.

(323) 306-4548

(888) 728-9080

  • Writer's pictureParviz Malakouti-Fitzgerald, Esq.

Can a DACA Recipient Fly Domestically Using Just the Work Permit?

Updated: Jan 27

By Parviz Malakouti-Fitzgerald, Esq

DACA recipients can fly domestically within the U.S.

I saw a question posted by a dreamer on social media the other day: 

Can I board a domestic flight with just my work permit or do i need my license?” 

The answer is that the DACA work permit is acceptable to pass through TSA security screening to fly domestically within the United States, as of the date of this article.

The work permit is also called an “EAD” or an I-766. Here is the applicable language from the TSA’s website found here as of January 25th, 2024: 

Transportation Security Administration list of acceptable ID

If you’re reading this article well into the future, you may want to check the TSA website for updates to the list of acceptable identification at a TSA checkpoint. 

Good luck! 

Each immigration and citizenship case is particular and you should consult with a qualified immigration and citizenship lawyer about your case before taking any steps. The Law Office of Parviz Malakouti does not guarantee the accuracy of information presented nor assume responsibility for actions taken in reliance of this information. The information in this page could become outdated. Attorney marketing.

bottom of page