top of page
Parviz Malakouti-Fitzgerald, Esq.

(323) 306-4548

(888) 728-9080

  • Writer's pictureParviz Malakouti-Fitzgerald, Esq.

How to Get Proof of Selective Service Registration for Naturalization

Updated: Nov 20, 2022

By Parviz Malakouti-Fitzgerald, Esq.

One legal requirement for males resident in the United States between the age of 18-26 is to register with the selective service.

To that end, if you’re a male applying for naturalization in the United States, you’ll have to submit proof of selective service registration as part of your naturalization application.

Here’s how you do it. Go to the selective service system website.

—> Click on “Verify Registration.”

—> Enter last name, social security number and date of birth and click on “Submit.”

The next screen will show if there is a matched record, and will show your selective service number and date of registration.

Click “Print an official Selective Service Registration Acknowledgement Letter.”

You’ll then get a PDF to download with your information. Print this PDF out and bring it with you to your naturalization interview.

(Proof of Selective Service registration to bring to an N-400 naturalization interview)

Consult with Us

If you’re applying for naturalization on your own, you may want to consult with a qualified immigration lawyer to explore representation or at very least to have your case screened for serious issues.

Book a consultation with a qualified immigration lawyer who can answer your questions, including those you didn’t know you had.

The information in this page could become outdated. The Law Office of Parviz Malakouti does not guarantee the accuracy of information presented nor assume responsibility for actions taken in reliance of this information. Each immigration case is particular and you should consult with a qualified, licensed immigration lawyer about your case before taking any steps. Attorney Advertising.

Recent Posts

See All
bottom of page